December 21st – December 23rd, 2020
About The Tournament
SilverLakes is proud to announce the first annual SilverLakes Winter Classic hosted by Eleanor Roosevelt High School. A brand new high school tournament located in Norco, CA. The tournament will be held at the world-class SilverLakes Sports Complex on December 21st – 23rd, 2020. All games will be played at the complex and 3 games guaranteed for each team.
The pristine fields of the 130-acre SilverLakes Sports Complex are the perfect place for the inaugural tournament. The complex features 24 full-size soccer fields, as well as a host of amenities and comforts for players, families and fans alike, including a state-of-the-art restaurant and bar with a beautiful outdoor banquet and entertainment venue.
Coaches and/or their representatives are responsible for:
1. Checking Schedules & Scores for time and location of ALL matches. https://www.silverlakestournaments.com/silverlakes-winter-classic/
2. Coaches shall be responsible for the conduct of their players and spectators on their sidelines.
Governing Rules:Matches will be played by CIF rules.
No Protests: All games will be considered final and no protests will be allowed.
All teams will be scheduled for at least 3 games. Advancement to elimination or semi-final games shall be determined by points earned and tie breaker(s) during Pool Play matches.
Duration of Pool Play, Play-off, Championship Matches:
5 minute Half-time for Pool Play & Play-off Games, 10 minutes for Championship Games
ALL Varsity GAMES: 70 minutes
ALL Jr. Varsity GAMES: 60 minutes
ALL Frosh/Soph GAMES: 60 minutes
If Play-off or Championship Game is tied, teams will go directly into FIFA/CIFHS penalty kicks to determine advancement/champion.
Home Team: Teams must be on opposite sides of the playing field. The first team listed on the schedule shall be deemed the home team. In the event of a color conflict,AWAY team must change jerseys. As per new CIF Rule, HOME TEAM wears DARK UNIFORM and AWAY TEAM wears LIGHT UNIFORM.
Scoring Pool Play Matches: BOYS FROSH/ Girls Var/JV/Frosh
Teams shall be awarded points for Pool Play matches as follows:
Win 6 points
Draw 3 points
Loss 0 points
Shutout Win 2 points
Shutout 0-0 1 point
Goals Scored 1 point each, max 5 points
Forfeit 9 points (score as 1-0)
|Tie Breaker(s) Pool Play Matches:
In the event that two or more teams are tied in points at the end of the Pool Play, the following tie breakers shall be applied in order given until a winner is determined:
1. Head to Head 2. Shutout wins 3. Goals Against 4. Goals Scored
5. Penalty kicks (To Determine 1st Place Pool Play ONLY)INCLEMENT WEATHER: (No REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN)
In the event of inclement weather, which the Tournament Committee deems as being unsafe conditions for the players and/or the fields and competition can not continue, matches:
1. at the half time or are in the second half will have the score stand.
2. that are in the first half will be deemed not to have played.
3. may be shortened, kicks from the penalty mark or other as determined by the TournamentCommittee Sportsmanship and Standard of Play
1. All players and coaches will be expected to demonstrate the highest standard of sportsmanship.
2. Any player given a red card, or any coach ejected from a game will not be permitted to participate in the remainder of the game in progress, and will not be able to participate in at least the teams next played game (forfeit does not count), and may not be present at the game (forfeiture). Must meet with & be cleared by Principal!
3. All coaches are responsible for the conduct of their players, parents, and friends while the team is at the tournament both off the field as well as on the field. Please keep fields clean, PICK UP ALL TRASH.