Fall Showcase 2019 Recap
What a weekend! The 2019 Fall Showcase was nothing short of a success.
We persevered through the weather this year! Friday was a crazy, eventful day but that didn’t stop us. Most of the fields were flooded from the rain from Thanksgiving day, and we had to transfer most of the games to our turf fields in the early morning. However, our amazing field maintenance crew got to work as early as 5 am and got the grass fields going before the afternoon! The skies cleared the rest of the day and the 2019 Fall Showcase was on its way to a successful weekend. Saturday and Sunday had perfect weather and allowed us to carry on with our regular scheduled games!
New additions were added this year to make the event even better: Game Changer and Golden Boot Award. After every game, athletes were awarded the ‘Game Changer’ of the game by the referee. This new segment highlights the outstanding performance a player puts out on the field and Adidas was generous enough to give every Game Changer a free sweatshirt! To all the Game Changers this weekend, congrats on the amazing performances! Find your Game Changer picture at this link
Golden Boot Award
The Golden Boot award went out to the top goal scorer of every age group, with some ties in a few of the groups! Check out the winners below:
- 2001/2002: Alexia Kaz (LA Breakers ECNL u18/19) with 5 goals
- 2002: Arianna Perez (Legends FC G02), Kelley Francis (Real Colorado 02 National), and Samantha Gablenz (CLF 02/03 Elite) with 4 goals
- 2003: Anaya Shelton (West Coast Soccer Club Kaos 03) with 6 goals
- 2004: Logan Nidy (Clovis Crossfire 04G Blue), Ryen Ortiz (Santa Clara Sporting 04 Green) with 5 goals
- 2005: Kamiryn Braxton-Grimes (West Coast Soccer Club-WildKatz 05G) with 4 goals
- 2006: Alyssa Polk (Blackhawks 06 NPL) and Savannah Manset (Santa Barbara Soccer Club G2006) with 5 goals
- 2007: Kayalily Penn (Eagle Soccer Club ECNL U13) with 5 goals
- 2008: Aelo Curtis (Eagles Soccer Club G2008) with 7 goals
- 2009: Emma Prowse (Beach FC G09) and Gabriella Norman (Legends FC G09) with 6 goals
- 2010: Winter Meskiel (Slammers FC G2010 RG/PA) with 5 goals
This year we also partnered with Feeding America to create an innovative initiative that incorporated not only sports, but also helping our community during the holidays. For every goal scored at the Fall Showcase, SilverLakes donated $1 to Feeding America. $2 were donated for every clean sheet as well.
Total Goal Count: 1,333 / Total Clean Sheets: 216
Overall Donation: $1,800 for a total of 15,885 meals provided!
In the end, the 2019 Fall Showcase was one for the books. We would like to thank all the sponsors, donors, employees, and referees for your hard work and dedication. You guys made this event what it is and we couldn’t have done it without you.
To all the athletes, coaches, and fans, a big thank you to you for coming. We hope you had a blast and we will see you next year!
To see the rest of the 2019 Fall Showcase photos, check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/silverlakessports/